Saturday, December 5, 2009

Starting it. And keeping it going.


Starting something new is exciting. It gives you hope of potential and lets your mind wonder to all those happy thoughts about what could be. It's the gun at the starting line. It's the anticipation of the immediate gratification that you will receive once you are off. But, what some of us fail to realize is that short term gratification is good and all, but we must keep our focus on our long term goal. What do we REALLY want to come out of this?

For instance, I recently began working out. I know, I know...really? Yes. I found myself complaining to other people and finally realized that if I want change, I have to do it myself. Which reminds me, honestly, if you want things to get done, do them yourself. This applies to a lot of things in life, it's what I have come to realize in life.

The thought of working out and the gratitude I will receive once working out pays off is the biggest motivation that keeps me going. It's so easy to quit when you start running for the first time in months. Your stomach starts hurting, you feel dizzy, your muscles tighten. It's not a good feeling. But, you need to push through and always think about the long term. Although it will take a while to reach that goal, there needs to be steps and goals that will get you there. With these steps and goals you can track your progress, just like with any new project you start.

I am excited that I finally started this adventure. Cause believe me, it's going to be rough. I am even more excited that my girlfriend is on board with everything. This is the last time I will not let myself fail. I have too.

[The photo was taken off Google Images. Unknown author]

No comments:

Post a Comment