Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Stress Full Week

Doesn't the holiday season excite but stress you out? For me, not only has holiday season approached but so has finals week. It feels as though the semester just started. Seriously, I remember thinking to myself "It's only September, I got a long way to go." I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy and appreciate the learning I am able to do. It's the laziness and the procrastination that is the evil doer here. But, this is where pushing through the dip pays off.

It's that time in the semester where I don't get much sleep. Where, even though I want to sleep, I can't cause of the energy drink I drank earlier. It's that time where Christmas gifts are starting to fill baskets and for most of us, money is coming tight. It's that time when all you want to do is nothing, but you know you can't. Or can you?

Now, more than ever is the time to take a breath. We are perpetually connected to out e-mail, social networking sites and to anyone globally. This allows for constant contact and less alone time. Take a walk. Go for a job. Go sit in the forest. There are countless things you can do to give yourself space. Everyone needs it. Turn off all your electronics. Log out of your e-mail. The good thing about e-mail is that it's convenient. Finding relaxing time is not, so make it a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment